Why Study Geology at Juniata?
Allison Phillips '07, Geology POE, shares her thoughts on why the Geology department at Juniata is unique.
- Location - We are situated in the midst of a world classic geological landscape with ready access to exposures that demonstrate geology at work.
- Field-oriented approach to the study of geology - afternoon laboratories are routinely spent on the outcrop. You will get out into the field many times, even in your first courses.
- Our graduates who seek entry-level positions directly related to their degrees are typically hired within weeks of graduation.
- 100% of our graduates who apply to graduate schools to pursue Masters and Ph.D. degrees are admitted with full funding and many have been awarded prestigious fellowships.
- Our students routinely present their research findings at Geological Society of America professional meetings.
- Outstanding access to research grade facilities and equipment
- Opportunity for semester-long academic immersion at Juniata's Raystown Field Station
Interested in Geology?
- Juniata Students Showcase Research at Liberal Arts Symposium
- Juniata Receives $100,000 Grant to Redefine Liberal Arts Curriculum
- Juniata Makes Great Leap Forward in Forbes.com Poll